This job is currently Archived,
Plastics Decoration & Vision Engineer in Devices & Supply Chain Mgmnt - Denmark
Novo Nordisk (company)
Posted on : 10 February 2017
- Have you been working with decoration and vision inspection processes?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with production sites and equipment suppliers to develop manufacturing equipment?
- Our company is experiencing a strong growth of customers worldwide and their expectations towards our medical devices are continuously increasing.
- The device manufacturing capacity and capability must keep pace with this, so come on board and accept the challenge!
About the department
- You will join 40 colleagues in the Device Manufacturing Development Department for Components which is part of the Device & Supply organisation within Product Supply.
- We bridge the gap between Device Research & Development and Production by developing and validating equipment to manufacture medical device components.
- As part of the Plastics Processing team you will work with experts in the field of plastics manufacturing processes and raw materials.
- As Plastics Decoration & Vision Engineer you are responsible for the development of robust and cost effective manufacturing processes.
- You collaborate with Product Designers to define and challenge the decoration specifications, based on which you determine the manufacturing performance requirements and select the right technologies and suppliers.
- By taking into account all medical device manufacturing requirements, you establish equipment requirement specifications and define a validation strategy.
- You take the lead in reviewing the conceptual and detailed design and in mapping of process risks in order to define risk control measures and quality control strategies in production.
- Close collaboration with technicians enables you to understand and optimize the process.
- Finally, you oversee the validation activities and manage the change control process to guarantee smooth implementation into production.
- To ensure timely delivery of high quality devices to patients dependent on company medication, as Plastics Decoration & Vision Engineer you also support running production globally.
- Your input and guidance to analytical and systematic problem solving of production issues is aimed at identifying countermeasures to eliminate the root cause.
- You furthermore participate in work groups to initiate improvement projects and to ensure quality and standardization of manufacturing changes.
- You hold a relevant Engineering degree, preferably academic.
- You have practical experience with the development and validation of decoration and vision inspection equipment for high volume medical device production, ideally with processes such as printing and laser marking.
- Or maybe you have worked at an equipment manufacturer with focus on your customers’ products and processes.
- Based on your understanding of the basic physics principles of the decoration process, you are able to find the right solutions.
- Your knowledge of statistics and process optimization methods like Design of Experiments enables you to draw solid conclusions based on your test data.
- Your interpersonal skills help you to take an individual approach in dealing with different personalities across all levels of the organisation. Strong communication
- skills enable you to navigate a diverse landscape of stakeholders such as Product Development, Quality Assurance, Sourcing, Production and Suppliers.
- You manage to create support for your solution and ideas based on your enthusiasm and drive.
- Willingness to take initiative and ability to set direction allow you to work independently.
- At the same time you enjoy supporting and helping others, and you value personal relationships.
- Fluency in English is expected. Understanding of Danish is considered an asset.
Working with Us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition will help improve our patients’ quality of life.
- We offer you an opportunity to work with a great team of highly skilled colleagues and to benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.