Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Marchem Solvay Group is a California-based chemical manufacturer that specializes in producing high performance specialty chemicals for industrial and intermediate uses. Within the oil and gas industry, our product lines are used extensively in drilling, pipeline and production. Our line of surfactants, emulsifiers, corrosion inhibitors, foamers, specialty alkoxylates and urethanes are also used widely in agriculture, industrial foams and coatings, emulsion breakers, non-emulsifiers, and HI&I (household, institutional and industrial).
The plant electrician is responsible for the manufacture and installation/removal of plant electrical equipment. The job includes proficiency in electrical wiring (480/277/120/24 VAC and DC circuits), reading engineering drawings & installation of electrical components.
Specific job duties include:
- Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC electrical circuit as well as control circuitry (motor and instrumentation)
- Test and troubleshoot: Electrical lighting systems, AC variable speed drives, Un-interruptible Power Supply systems
- Read and understand electrical drawings. Understand electrical classification requirements.
- Be aware of unique requirements of a PSM-designated facility (Process Safety Management - OSHA). Familiar with Class 1 Division 1 & 2 electrical classification requirements.
- Familiar with current Arc Flash regulations.
- Diagnose and apply results using: Voltmeters, ammeters, and meggers
- Perform preventive maintenance work as required by site.
- Communicating with supervisors, lead persons, and operators
- High school diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a licensed electrician
- Certified Journeyman
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Able to work while wearing a respirator or Level B chemical suit
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends as required
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Complete understanding of National Electric Code (NFPA 70 and 70E)