Planning and Scheduling Specialist Athlone Ireland,
The Planning Specialist is responsible for daily planning and scheduling activities at the Athlone Manufacturing Facility from start up through to commercial operations. The Senior Specialist will ensure that all materials are available and compliant for commercial and/or clinical products in accordance with cGMP, Corporate and Regulatory requirements. This key role must ensure effective interaction with the Manufacturing, Warehouse, Tech Services, Procurement, Quality and Supply Chain departments regarding material, BDS and DP availability for use in the production schedule in a timely manner to allow manufacturing targets to be delivered
- Produce Schedules/ Plans incorporating capacity analysis for the Biologics and Fill Finish process processes.
- Liaise directly with all elements of the manufacturing process, (Supply Chain, Warehouse, Engineering, Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC)) to monitor, report, and drive schedule adherence to the plan.
- Consistently deliver agreed service levels internally and to external customers
- Support Raw Materials and SAP Process teams – identify problems, recommend process improvements, and work with the team on resolutions.
- Work with Manufacturing and other site departments to understand future material needs and develop a production schedule.
- Proactively identify schedule misses and work with all elements of the Plant Team to communicate and minimize impact to customer.
- Define, Analyze and Report Performance Metrics
- Support the commissioning and commercial startup of a new facility for the production of product.
- Manage and coordinate documentation creation aligned with schedule requirements.
- Facilitate strategic planning of the manufacturing operations schedule.
- Integrate and collaborate with cross functional teams setting the operations expectations and driving execution.
- Plan and manage manufacturing activities to meet schedules while maintaining a high level of GMP compliance and being cost efficient.
- Communicate operational status regularly to plant management at the appropriate level of detail. Communications will be both written documents, and in formal and informal oral presentations.
- Embrace Alexion Core Competencies.
- Drive implementation of manufacturing projects within budgets and timelines.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and ensure operations expectations and standard processes are mapped.
- Manage Audit preparation ensuring the manufacturing schedule facilitates all requests.
- Creation and implementation of Site Bills of materials and creation of Process orders in line with the companies monthly forecast.
- Attend and chair weekly, fortnightly production meetings.
- Write and support Change controls, deviations and CAPA’s.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives by identifying areas needing improvement, recommending strategies for improvement, and implementing those strategies once approved
- 3 – 5 Years of Experience
- Proficient in use of ERP/SAP database systems.
- Minimum of 3 years planning experience in an MRP environment.
- Understanding of cGMP and sterile raw material planning requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service oriented, self -directed, responsible, and able to work on problems involving various cross-functional groups.
- Ability to drive for results independently and adapt to rapidly changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to expedite and drive schedule adherence on an ongoing basis
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Operations or Supply Chain Management/Logistics or other equivalent such as APICS qualification.
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts’ Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion’s aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Find a Job Find Candidates