This job is currently Archived,
Pipette Production Lead – Second Shift San Diego United States,
Posted on : 06 December 2018
do you want to be a part of the vision: to fulfil the dream of having a baby?
vitrolife is an international Medical Device group. we develop and manufacture innovative Medical Devices aimed at helping couples achieve their dreams of having a baby. we are a world-leading supplier – a position that we maintain through continuous development. we supply creative solutions in a market where reliability and usability are critical Sales parameters. more detailed information is available at our website: www.vitrolife.com
vitrolife has an immediate opening in our san diego, california facility for an experienced production lead.
the pipette lead production Technician’s primary responsibility is to lead all aspects of daily micropipette production in an FDA licensed and ISO:13485 certified facility. micropipettes are glass capillary tubes that are heated and pulled into microscopic points and carefully shaped with heat under high magnification using special microscopes. micropipette lead production Technician will be expected to be able to perform all the steps to produce a variety of micropipettes under the supervision of the pipette Production Supervisor and the san diego site manager. attention to fine detail and consistency are required. good manual dexterity, an ability to learn from mistakes and Problem Solving are necessary skills. micropipette lead production Technician will also help with labeling, Packaging and boxing of finished product.
what you’ll do:
- this is a production position with 70 – 90% of time Manufacturing pipettes
- lead the second shift (3:30pm to 12:00am) in daily production of micropipettes as scheduled by the Production Supervisor to meet Manufacturing forecast requirements
- coordinate daily production to meet daily production goals
- enforce Lab policies and maintain a positive culture
- ensure all micropipettes produced meet current specifications
- train micropipette production employees on current Manufacturing techniques and procedures and relevant sops and Documentation
- oversee the maintenance of all micropipette related equipment
- help maintain inventory of raw materials, production components, and Lab supplies
- coordinate Packaging and shipment of finished goods to Sterilization
- ensure the cleanliness of the micropipette Lab
- oversee Compliance to all sops and the completion of all required work related Documentation
- communicate any work-related problems to supervisor
what we’re looking for:
- high school diploma or equivalent
- one year (or more) experience as a lead or supervisor preferred
- experience Training employees a plus
- attention to detail; strong analytical and organizational skills
- ability to problem solve; ability to foresee and prevent problems
- ability to manage multiple priorities and advance several tasks
- strong verbal and written Communication Skills
- basic computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets
- excellent manual dexterity
- ability to be on your feet for the majority of the work day
- ability to lift 50 lbs
- a job where you can take pride in your work and make a difference
- generous benefits for eligible employees, including: o fully-paid medical and dental coverage for youo fully-paid dental for your spouse and childreno vision, life & disability insuranceo flexible spending & Health savings accounts
if you meet our requirements and would like to be considered for this position, please apply at www.vitrolife.com/Career.
vitrolife today has approximately 370 employees and the company’s products are sold in approximately 110 markets. the company is headquartered in gothenburg, sweden, and there are also offices in australia, belgium, china, denmark, france, germany, italy, japan, united kingdom and usa. the vitrolife share is listed on nasdaq stockholm.
San Diego, California
Find a Job Find Candidates