- Our institute is one of the leading research institutes within the fields of biochemistry, cell- and structural biology, and bio medicine.
- With its eight scientific departments, about 25 research groups, and a staff of around 850 people, the institute is one of the largest institutes within the company.
- The research group “Neuroinflammation and mucosal immunology” at our Institute of Biochemistry invites application for a PhD student position in immunology.
- Our group is interested in understanding how gut microbes control the activation of innate and adaptive immune cells during autoimmunity.
- We use high throughput meta genomics sequencing and genetically modified mouse models to identify novel mechanisms of host-microbe interactions.
- We are looking for talented, highly motivated and hardworking candidates with a solid background in immunology and molecular biology.
- We seek applications from candidates with previous work experience in transgenic mouse models, flow cytometry and cellular immunological assays.
- The successful candidates will work at our Institute of Biochemistry, which provide excellent research facilities, as well as a friendly and dynamic working environment.
- The position is fixed term for 3 years (PhD) with the possibility of an extension.