This job is currently Archived,
PhD student position in structural biology of intermediate filaments Leuven Belgium,
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- The newly appointed PhD student will be involved in ongoing research on the three-dimensional structure of intermediate filaments.
- This is a major unresolved problem in structural cell biology, which is also important for developing approaches to treat diseases caused by inherited mutations,
- The activities will include recombinant protein isolation, crystallization, X-ray crystallographic studies as well as additional biophysical and biochemical experiments and modelling.
- The candidates should hold a MSc diploma (or a single stage BSc/MSc diploma) in a relevant field or are to obtain it this summer.
- Very strong candidates with only a BSc diploma may be admitted as pre-docs initially
The normal duration of a PhD study is four years
3000 Leuven Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates