PhD Student Microbial Bioinformatics (m/f) Holzgerlingen Germany,
Ares Genetics (www.ares-genetics.com), is dedicated to improving the diagnosis of microbial infections as well as accelerating antibiotic drug development by leveraging its proprietary collection of pathogen genomes and antibiotic resistance profiles with sophisticated data analysis workflows and interpretation applications. The company builds on GEAR (GEnetic Antibiotic Resistance and Susceptibility Database): the most comprehensive and ever growing collection of pathogen genomes and antibiotic resistance profiles, which was originally developed and compiled by the Ares Genetics management team at Siemens.
To advance our understanding of the genetics of resistance and demonstrate the potential of GEAR, Ares together with leading academic partners is pursuing a comprehensive publication strategy to share numerous aspects of GEAR as well as to inform next-generation infectious disease diagnostics and therapeutics. To further advance our Ares Technology Platform in international scientific collaboration projects we are looking for a
in full-time employment at Ares Genetics in Vienna. The position reports to the Managing Director.
What we expect from you...
In your role as PhD Student Microbial Bioinformatics, you will design, create and enhance novel approaches and algorithms for the analysis and prediction of genetic antibiotic resistance and susceptibility tests. You will work closely with leading academic partners to develop these advanced bioinformatics approaches for antibiotic resistance prediction from next-generation sequencing data, analyze microbial genomics data and publish your scientific research findings.
What you bring with you &
- MSc. in Bioinformatics, IT or other related disciplines
- Experience with bioinformatics in microbiology
- Experience in NGS analysis and methods as well as the computing infrastructure, data management methods and database technologies to support NGS and large-scale data analytics
- Proficiency in relevant programming and scripting languages, e.g. Python, R
- A self-starter mentality with an independent and reliable way of working
- An open and communicative mentality
- Business-fluent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of German is an advantage, but not a requirement
What you can expect &
- A varied and exciting challenge in one of the most innovative and rapidly growing segments of the healthcare industry
- A young, dynamically growing company with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy
- An inspirational environment at one of Europe s most prominent biotech clusters
- An attractive and competitive salary package of gross
Find a Job Find Candidates