PhD Student in Model-Based Control of Bioprocesses - Belgium
- State estimation and control methods for heterogeneous cell populations
- Optimization-based models for biochemical processes and associated control methods
- Modelling and control of a gas fermentation process
- Master's degree in engineering including process control engineering, with strong overall marks (a minimum level of 'distinction')
- Previous experience with modelling, state estimation, and / or control methods for biological processes is desirable
- Very good English (written and verbal communication) for scientific interactions required
- Strong motivation and willingness to work at interdisciplinary boundaries
- The successful candidate will be offered a PhD fellowship to become part of our international team with global research links to work towards a PhD.
- The initial contract will be for one year, and can be prolonged for up to 4 years total.
- Besides working on the research project, the candidate will also support the educational activities at the department.