This job is currently Archived,
PhD student in Food Chemistry - Belgium
Ghent University (company)
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- Degree: Master of Science degree with strong focus on chemistry, biochemistry or engineering.
- Our University Global Campus has a vacancy for a position of junior assistant.
- It concerns a temporary full-time position for a renewable period of max. 4 years.
Profile of the candidate
- You hold or expect to hold by September 2017 a Master of Science degree with strong focus on chemistry, biochemistry or engineering.
- You have a good knowledge on chemistry, biochemistry and bioinformatics;
- Having practical laboratory experience in food chemistry, protein chemistry and isolation and characterization of proteins is an advantage;
- You are highly motivated to conduct scientific research in preparation of obtaining a PhD degree in the area of food chemistry, with special attention to food safety;
- You have an independent research and strong self-learning ability; a creative and inquisitive attitude is a must;
- You have strong didactic and communicative skills and a large interest in providing and supporting academic education;
- Educational experience and participation on extra-curriculum training, conferences,… is recommended;
- You have an excellent academic track record, an excellent command of English (a minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT test), and good academic writing and presentation skills.
- You design and perform high-quality scientific research related to the food and environmental proteomics, with the special emphasis of allergenic proteins in see food products the aim to deliver a doctoral thesis in the research field of food chemistry and technology.
- The scientific research includes both experimental lab work and the bioinformatics analysis of the acquired proteomics data;
- You publish your research results in peer-reviewed international journals and actively participate in (inter)national conferences;
- You assist your supervisor in teaching undergraduate chemistry and food-related courses at our University Global Campus.