PhD student - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Ghent University (Belgium) is internationally one of the leading institutes in resource recovery and renewable resources. It is home to the BioRefine Cluster Europe (www.biorefine.eu), a network of international research and development projects with dedicated focus of guiding innovation towards applied market implementation. As part of an extensive European programme on Phosphorus recovery from municipal wastewater (INTERREG-NWE-PHOS4YOU), we are recruiting a junior researcher for a PhD degree at Ghent Uni. This position is part of a larger contingent of new recruitments of 6 new staff members committed to research in research topics of projects in the BioRefine Cluster Europe.
This research focuses on phosphorus recovery from municipal wastewater using different strategies and technologies for recovery. Applied research is conducted in collaboration with industry in various EU countries in NW Europe. The research itself in the will focus on standardized determination of the nutrient use efficiency of mineral P fertilisers from 6 different recovery processes throughout NWE. In addition quality assessment will focus on presence / absence of undesired components (e.g. trace metals, pharmaceutical residues….). Research will be conducted in a setting of transnational collaboration, including stays abroad.
- Full-time employment for a period of 4y
- Being embedded in a team of young dynamic experts from academia and industry
- Involvement in a European project (PHOS4YOU) with research partners throughout Europe with possibility of mobility across partner countries to visit innovative nutrient recovery processes at practical industrial scale
- An innovative and hot-topic research scope with clear practical applications
- Close supervision and guidance in the conducting of the planned research
- The possibility to develop a broad network
- Stimulation to self-improvement by encouraging participation in courses, workshops and conferences
Profile of the candidate
- You are interested in and motivated by the research topic, as well as in obtaining a PhD degree
- You have mastered the English language, both in writing skills and oral presentations
- You have the required communicative skills to interact independently with scientific community, business community and farming community
- You have a relevant degree – Master level in applied biological sciences (agriculture, environmental technology,…) or are expecting to obtain such a MSc degree in the currently running academic year.
How to apply
Send CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before July 9, 17h (Central European Time) (put „PHOS4YOU PhD“ in the email title). Candidates will be invited for an interview on the 12-13-14th of July.