PhD student - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Long acting injectable formulations (LAIs) offer many opportunities across different therapeutic areas, e.g. to ensure treatment adherence.
- Over the years, a lot of expertise has been built in the area of aqueous suspensions of micro- or nanoparticles, which are injected intramuscularly to obtain the long acting effect. However, the chosen technology is complex and can only be used in a chemical space where the drug substance has a very low aqueous solubility.
- Hence, several initiatives have been started to allow the development of future LAIs using a more integrated approach, combining novel ideas in the chemical space, with physiologically relevant in vitro dissolution data and relevant animal release data, which can be used to generate mathematical models to make the overall process more predictive.
we are looking for will have the opportunity to work on the development of these future LAI formulations, more specifically in the area of Bio pharmaceutics.
Profile of the candidate
For the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, we are looking for:
- an enthusiastic, full-time PhD student within the Department of Bio analysis.
- Candidates preferably have an interest in pharmacokinetics and/or mathematics and are willing to learn how to perform pharmacokinetic modeling analyses.
- The candidate will work in a dynamic team environment at the interface of the long-acting injectable (LAI) formulation work and the in vivo behavior of these LAIs, characterizing the release determining factors and aspects of these novel formulations.
- Good academical skills and grades
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Profound knowledge of the English language
- Willing to work with advanced PK analysis software to perform compartmental modeling analyses
- Candidates will be offered a 4-year contract.