- This doctoral research project aims to develop and validate an ex-vivo tissue model to study new clinical drugs based on Lactococcus lactis generating nanobodies.
- The final aim is to conduct a clinical study in patients to treat chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps.
- The Upper Airways Research Laboratory investigates immunological aspects of airway inflammation in animal and human cell models and performs translational studies in patients to develop approaches from “bench to bedside.”
Profile of the candidate
- The person should have a master in the field of biomedical engineering/biomedical sciences/pharmaceutical sciences/biochemical/Bio engineering, medical doctor or equivalent
- Experience with in vitro/in vivo experiments is a plus
- Good skills in performing biomedical experiments
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment
- Ability to write clear scientific reports and disseminate results
- Good oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Creative and self-motivated
- Committed to achieve objectives and overcoming obstacles