- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our company work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- Position : Early Stage Researcher (ESR14)
- Project title: Developing in vitro and in silico models to predict in vivo performance of supersaturated Self-nano-emulsifying drug delivery systems (SNEDDS) and other lipid based formulations.
- Project Description: ESR15 will be recruited as a PhD candidate to explore novel application of supersaturated Lipid based formulations. He/She will be tasked with establishment of biopharmaceutics tool to investigate the in vivo performance of supersaturated SNEDDS; to use the in vitro understanding to develop mechanistic understanding of in vivo performnance of supersaturated lipid based formulations
- Expected Results/Key Innovations: (1) New industry ‘best practice’ guidelines (1) designing novel lipid based formulations to overcome solubility limited oral absorption; (2) developing in vitro and potentially in silico models for predicting in vivo performance
- Planned secondments:
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree (or equivalent diploma/state exam) in a relevant area (e.g. Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug Delivery, Industrial pharmacy, chemistry).
- The candidate must be — at the date of recruitment — an ‘early stage researcher (ESR)’, i.e. in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of his/her research career and may not have acquired a doctoral degree.
- The four years are measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided.
- International mobility: The applicant should not have resided in the country where the research training activities take place for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate English proficiency (in speaking and writing) as the communication and teaching language throughout PEARRL is English (e.g. TOEFL or similar English language certificates).
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.