This job is currently Archived,
PhD Researcher in the field of DISCRETE CHOICE EXPERIMENTS - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- We are looking for a full-time PhD researcher (m/f) for scientific research (funding up to 4 years) which should lead to a PhD-degree.
- This research will investigate how the efficiency of online choice experiments can be increased in case people use heuristic rules to simplify the choice task.
- It requires statistical modeling, optimization and programming.
- You are also expected to participate in seminars and conferences, be internationally mobile and to enroll in the PhD program of the Faculty of Economics and Business.
- The candidates can be asked to give guidance to students, be involved in teaching activities and to supervise exams.
- You will find a dynamic and pleasant working environment, in a group that is actively involved in scientific research at the highest international level.
- Candidates should have a very strong interest in statistics and preferably have a background as Business Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Economics,Civil Engineering, Computer Science or Psychology. Good computing skills are an advantage as well as knowledge of Dutch.
- An average yearly result of "distinction" during the university education is required,as is a very decent knowledge of written and spoken English.
We offer an employment as full-time doctoral scholar as from now for 1 year, renewable till max. 4 years after positive evaluation.