- The candidate is expected to prepare a PhD.The PhD position will be financed by an Advanced ERC grant.
- The research project is on semi parametric inference for complex and structural models in survival analysis.
- You are expected to participate in seminars and will occasionally be involved in teaching activities, including supervision of exams.
- You have a very strong interest in statistics, econometric, or mathematics and preferably have a background as Master of Science in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Economics, Business Engineering, Economics, Civil Engineering or Computer Science.
- Academic performance should be above average: with yearly exam results equaling 68% (distinction) or more, at least twice, of which minimum once in the master’s degree.
- You have a very decent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Master students in their last year are especially encouraged to apply.
- We offer an employment as full-time PhD researcher for 1 year, renewable till max. 4 years after positive evaluation.
- You will find a dynamic and pleasant working environment, in a group which conducts research at the highest international level.