This job is currently Archived,
PHD RESEARCHER IN LABOUR ECONOMICS Leuven Belgium,
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- The candidate is expected to write a PhD in Economics or Business Economics.
- The research project will critically examine the power of employers to set wages (monopsony) and the labour market implications of this type of wage determination (such as income and wage inequality, gender wage gaps and policy implications).
- Within this broader project, the PhD researcher will have the freedom to develop his/her personal research.
- The candidate should qualify for and enroll in a doctoral programme, which includes course work in advanced economics.
- The candidate will be engaged in limited teaching activities (c. 20 teaching hours per year plus exam supervision).
- You have a strong interest in economics and labour market issues relating to wage levels and income distribution.
- You hold a Master s degree in Economics, Business Engineering or Applied Economics (preferably at MPhil level).
- Other candidates with a strong background in statistics or mathematics will also be considered. Students currently in their last year are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent academic track record. The minimum requirement is at least one distinction (68% average grade) or international equivalent.
- Excellent language skills in spoken and written English.
- Good knowledge of quantitative methods or econometric and a strong motivation to further develop your skills in this domain.
- Knowledge of causal inference methods and Stats are a plus but not a requirement.
- We offer a full-time PhD scholarship for 1 year, extendable to 4 years after yearly positive evaluation.
- Remuneration is at the level of a full-time research assistant at a Flemish university (i.e. approximately 1,900 euro net per month).
- A stimulating work environment that will allow you to develop your research and teaching skills in a group that conducts research at the highest international level.
3000 Leuven Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates