PhD research on reproducibility of psychological science - Belgium
- the further development and application of the multiverse analysis.
- the development and application of meta-studies (a novel method as an alternative to the traditional meta-analysis.
- the development and application of a pre-registration protocol to test predictions of psychological theories and mathematical models;
- the design and administration of innovative experiments to test model predictions;
- As a PhD candidate, you are encouraged to explore your own research interests along these lines. You will be supported by a dedicated research team.
- In addition to your research, you will contribute to the teaching of statistical or methodological courses (up to on average 100 hours yearly).
- You have (or will soon have) a master's degree, with a solid background in research methods and/or statistics.
- We welcome, among others, Masters of (Quantitative) Psychology, Statistics, Economics, Physics, (Mathematical) Engineering, or a related discipline.
- You have a profound knowledge of statistics and data analysis, or you are eager to acquire the necessary skills.
- You are rigorous and passionate about improving research.
- You are independent but also willing to work in a team.
- You have excellent English reporting skills (for oral and written communication). Knowledge of Dutch is not required.
- a full-time PhD position, initially for 1 year, starting on September 16, 2017, and renewable to a maximum of 4 years;
- a motivated and competent research team;
- a net salary of approximately 1900 euros per month.