This job is currently Archived,
PhD research on reproducibility of psychological science Leuven Belgium,
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 12 June 2017
The goal of the PhD research is to develop and apply novel methodologies to increase the reproducibility of psychological research.
In particular, your PhD research involves the following possible topics:
- the further development and application of the multiverse analysis.
- the development and application of meta-studies (a novel method as an alternative to the traditional meta-analysis.
- the development and application of a pre-registration protocol to test predictions of psychological theories and mathematical models;
- the design and administration of innovative experiments to test model predictions;
- As a PhD candidate, you are encouraged to explore your own research interests along these lines. You will be supported by a dedicated research team.
- In addition to your research, you will contribute to the teaching of statistical or methodological courses (up to on average 100 hours yearly).
- You have (or will soon have) a master's degree, with a solid background in research methods and/or statistics.
- We welcome, among others, Masters of (Quantitative) Psychology, Statistics, Economics, Physics, (Mathematical) Engineering, or a related discipline.
- You have a profound knowledge of statistics and data analysis, or you are eager to acquire the necessary skills.
- You are rigorous and passionate about improving research.
- You are independent but also willing to work in a team.
- You have excellent English reporting skills (for oral and written communication). Knowledge of Dutch is not required.
- a full-time PhD position, initially for 1 year, starting on September 16, 2017, and renewable to a maximum of 4 years;
- a motivated and competent research team;
- a net salary of approximately 1900 euros per month.
3000 Leuven Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates