This job is currently Archived,
PhD positions in Numerical Analysis / Mathematical Engineering - Belgium
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 19 June 2017
Our company has vacancies on several recently acquired research projects for researchers with various expertise.
- Applicants should have a PhD in (Applied) Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Physics, should have experience in programming and a general interest in the development and analysis of numerical methods, and/or their application in engineering and science.
- We are currently looking for candidates with specific interest/expertise in one (or more) of the following domains:
- Numerical (multi)-linear algebra: polynomial computations and iterative methods
- Multi scale and stochastic simulation methods
- Large-scale PDE-constrained optimization and uncertainty quantification
- Parallel algorithms and metaheuristics for cutting and packing problems
- High-dimensional approximation, simulation and analysis
- Computational methods for control
- Data driven network science.
We offer a stimulating environment at a European top university, a well-equipped and experienced multidisciplinary research unit, a personalized PhD trajectory, with attention paid to transferable skills development, and a competitive wage. Senior postdocs will get the opportunity to become involved in project management.