PhD position: The dynamic environmental and economic impacts of circular economy - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The objective of this particular PhD is to study the interaction between the changing economic context and the resource and environmental drivers for circular economy. How can economic models for the circular economy better take the dynamics of material flows and environmental impacts into account, and how can environmental assessments better reflect the consequences of changing markets.
- In other words, the dynamics of the system in which the studied product or product life cycle is embedded, will be considered.
- The work will elaborate on sustainability modelling frameworks, including MFA, consequential LCA, LCSA, economic modelling and use this models to study the effects of policy instruments.
- The research will be based on concrete case studies of material/product life cycles which will be studied together with the other researchers of SuMMa+, and in close collaboration with the Flemish administration.
- You have a Master of Science in Engineering (Engineering Science or Bioscience Engineering, with strong interest in economics) or Economics
- You should show a strong interest in sustainability issues and global challenges like circular economy as well as in policy design.
- Specific expertise in one or more of the following areas is an asset: LCA, MFA, economic modelling, environmental LCC
- You have a scientific, critical attitude and you are interested in multidisciplinary research
- You have good communication and presentation skills, proficient in English.
- Knowledge of Dutch, both spoken and written, is considered a plus
- You have an independent working style
- Experience as a researcher is welcome but not mandatory
- We offer a research position for 4 year in a very attractive international research environment, with an excellent track record in sustainable materials management and environmental economics. This research should lead to a PhD.
- The research work will be carried out within the university Materials Research Center and the faculty of business economics
- The job will include collaboration and information exchange with researchers from different disciplines, industry and policy makers.