- Our company is one of the leading research institutes within the fields of biochemistry, structural and cell biology, and bio medicine.
- With its 25 scientific departments and research groups, and a staff of around 850 people, the institute is one of the largest within the company.
- The Department of Molecular Medicine is seeking a Biochemist for a PhD position.
- The successful candidate for this position would take over an ambitious project where reconstituted adhesion complexes are used to understand the earliest molecular events of cell adhesion to integrin substrates.
- The candidate would join a successful and well-equipped laboratory with world-wide recognition in the field of adhesion biology.
- Besides an interesting and disease-relevant project, we offer the opportunity to connect to internationally renowned scientists.
- We are seeking candidates with a strong background in biochemistry, with in depth experience in
- Heterologous protein expression and purification,
- Characterization of proteins,
- Analysis of protein interactions (e.g. surface plasmon resonance, isothermal titration calorimetry, analytical ultracentrifugation, dynamic light scattering).
- Our company seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
- Our company is committed to employing more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
- The salary level will be according to public salary scale.
- The position is fixed term for two years with possible extension.
- The position is fixed term for three years with possible extension.