This job is currently Archived,
PhD Position in Squeezable Interactions for Health Care Applications Leuven Belgium,
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- In this PhD project, we aim to investigate how to further empower health care professionals and patients, by extending and optimizing the squeeze technology.
- In this PhD, you will investigate how sensors, e-textiles,and machine learning techniques can be used to improve and enable rich squeeze interactions.
- Moreover, you will engage in a participatory design approach, in which you carefully collaborate with health care professionals and patients to ensure a values-led, user driven design of a DIY platform.
- You will explore and test how the system can be incorporated in therapy and how it can be adapted to the needs of the client.
- The goal is to build a DIY platform with low-floors, a high ceiling and wide walls
- Master sdegree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, ProductDesign or an equivalent university-level degree and relevant experience
- Strongand demonstrated computer programming skills
- Research,work, or significant course experience in human-computer interaction
- Experienceand/or keen interest in machine learning
- Acreative mind and a talent to create aesthetic experiences
- Aninterest to engage in a participatory, user-centered design process
- Abilityto work as an independent and flexible researcher in interdisciplinary teams
- Strong English writing and speaking skills
3000 Leuven Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates