This job is currently Archived,
PhD position in quantitative ultrasound (QUS) imaging Leuven Belgium,
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 19 July 2017
- The aim of this PhD project is to develop a novel ultrasound methodology that enables non-invasive read-out of the acoustic properties of radiation-sensitive microbubbles in order to construct a dose map. Hereto, acoustic models of wave propagation through soft tissue will be combined with advanced signal processing techniques. The developed methodology will extensively be validated in experimental setups (both in-vitro and in-vivo).
- You have a Master's degree in Physics, Biomedical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- You are familiar with ultrasound imaging and its applications
- You have experience with signal processing, linear algebra, and numerical optimization
- You have good programming skills in Matlab and/or in C/C++
- You are fluent in oral and written English
- You are enthusiastic and result oriented
- You can work independently with a critical mind set
- You have strong team-player skills
- We offer a PhD position for 4 years with a market conform wage in a large, multidisciplinary research center in the heart of Europe, at a highly-ranked university.
- The position is immediately available and is co-supervised by experts in the field of ultrasound imaging and signal processing.
3000 Leuven Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates