PhD Position in Innovation Economics and Strategy - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The candidate will engage in academic research and is expected to obtain a doctoral degree within 4 years.
- In the first year, the doctoral course program has to be completed.
- Doctoral students are also expected to assist in the supervision of Master theses within the domain of their research and expertise.
- Research will be part of a funded project regarding the role of ‘global cities’ as innovation hubs and magnets of multinational firms’ R&D investments.
- The project will draw both on (regional) economics approaches and insights from the international business and strategy literature, with empirical application to large firm-level datasets and patent-based innovation indicators.
- The project involves international collaboration with researchers.
- Candidates have a background in (Business)Economics, Commercial Engineering, Business studies, or related domains.
- They preferably have obtained a research master degree with due attention to quantitative and methodological courses.
- Excellent skills in handling large base, quantitative methods, and programming are required.
- Candidates have a strong interest in academic research and can show excellent (honors-level) results in prior studies.
- Candidates are fluent in spoken and written English.
- We offer a 1 year contract renewable each year up to a total of 4 years.
- PhD candidates at our university have a salaried position with social security coverage and earn approximately 25k€ net per year.