PhD position in Infection Biology - Sweden
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our lab seeks a motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and with a strong interest in pursuing a PhD degree in bacterial infection biology.
- Our lab studies interactions between invasive gut bacteria, such as Salmonella and Shigella species, and the mammalian intestinal epithelium.
- Current research in the group employs infection studies in miniature cultured versions of the mammalian intestine (so called gut organoids), which can be generated by embedding intestinal stem cells in a rich 3D matrix.
- The PhD candidate will have an active role in further developing this experimental infection model system.
- Moreover, the candidate will use the model system to study i) the bacterial virulence factors and ii) host cell components that impact on each step of the bacterium – host cell interaction during a physiological infection.
- A particularly strong project focus lies in studies by advanced light microscopy techniques.