This job is currently Archived,
PhD Position -- Impact of vegetation changes on soil moisture over the Dry Chaco - Belgium
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- The PhD position is for 4 years. First, static climatological vegetation parameters will be updated in an ensemble of state-of-the-art land surface models grouped within a Land Information System (LIS), using satellite-based dynamic vegetation information.
- Next, the impact on simulated soil moisture will be studied, using a variety of satellite-based soil moisture products.
- We are searching for an enthusiastic researcher with a keen interest in remote sensing and land surface processes and eager to work in an international setting.
- You will be part of the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at our university and the Earth and Life Institute.
- Master in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Meteorology, Hydrology, Remotely Sensed Earth Observation, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Geography or equivalent
- Experience with data-processing applications such as Matlab/Python, IDL, GrADS, R, or other
- Experience with programming and scientific computing
- Excellent motivation and grades
- Creative, critical, analytical and innovative mindset
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Fully funded PhD scholarship for 4 years; support and training
- Multi-disciplinary and international professional environment