PhD position Data-analysis for the behavioral sciences - Belgium
- Project: "Statistical interactions in psychology: pitfalls and solutions" Statistical interactions can appear or disappear under non-linear monotone transformations.
- This is especially worrying in psychological research where the psychological process is unobserved but monotonically (but not necessarily linearly) related to observed indicators.
- This implies that conclusions based on observed data do not necessarily generalize to this process.
- In this project we propose appropriate and innovative solutions to this problem.
Profile of the candidate
- You hold a Master’s degree and you have a profound interest in statistics and data-analysis.
- The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- Last year students are equally welcome to apply.
- You are an enthusiastic and motivated student.
- You have good writing and presentation skills and are capable of working both independently and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with R is recommended but not restrictive.