PhD in development of acoustic resonant metamaterials for building applications - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Whereas novel material concepts, such as for instance the metamaterials, come to the fore as efficient lightweight and compact solutions for building noise and vibration problems, there is a lack of adequate tools for accurate and fast assessment of the material and structure meso- and macro-properties of these concepts.
- Since also in building design, Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools have become indispensable in cost and time efficient development, fast and cost efficient identification approaches are also needed to feed the numerical vibro-acoustic computer models with reliable data.
- The proposed PhD track will investigate the shortcomings of currently existing identification approaches which typically rely on large, expensive infrastructure and are very time-consuming and develop new approaches based on lessons learned in the Mechanical and Aerospace industry where similar problems are encountered but different approaches are used.
- The PhD candidate will actively contribute to the Multi-Story Building demonstrator and investigate the potential in the developed methodologies for characterization of materials and structures in that setting.
- Knowledge of numerical modelling. programming languages and signal processing is a strong advantage.
- Candidates get the opportunity to perform this work as part of a PhD study.
- All members of the network are equal opportunity employers, both female and male candidates are invited to apply.