We are looking for a full-time Pharmacy Technician that has experience compounding ophthalmic and intravenous solutions from a manufacturing, hospital or home infusion setting.This position will be working collaboratively with other compounding Pharmacy Technicians to fill client orders. He/she gathers and pre-checks compounding material prior to its entry into the clean room.
- Preparing sterile intravenous admixture compounds based on SOPs.
- Understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), USP Chapter 797, and company policies concerning sterile compounding.
- Performs area clearance and verifies batch supplies and enters data in the computer system.
- Properly use all equipment in the lab that is necessary to make the compound.
- Assembles, inspects and verifies compounding components.
- Calibration and proper documentation of scales, electronic meters, etc.
- Follow all safety and USP guidelines for preparation of compounding I.V. solutions.
You possess the following qualifications, background and abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years Hospital I.V. / clean room / sterile manufacturing compounding experience preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while working under a vertical or horizontal hood
- Must be capable of wearing all protective wear as required by the facility SOPs. This includes, but not limited to: mask, gloves, gown, hairnet, safety goggles, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
What’s on offer?
- Our company offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents.