Pharmaceutical Sales Representative - South Africa
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Liaise with healthcare professionals and work strategically and operationally to increase the awareness and use of a company’s pharmaceutical and medical products in settings such as Hospitals and theatres with specialist Anaesthetists and surgeons.
- Work in the settings of private and government hospitals.
- Call on specialists and other core functions that add value and service to the entire medical account.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacists, hospitals and theatre medical teams;
- Making presentations to doctors ,medical personal within the specific target reach for this portfolio;
- Organizing continued medical education (CME) for doctors and other medical staff;
- Perform training on company brands to medical professionals and accounts;
- Adhere to operational effectiveness requirements.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administration staff e.g. theater staff, stock controllers, sisters and pharmacists;
- Be creative in creating access to relevant customers;
- Managing budgets (for catering, outside speakers, conferences, hospitality, etc);
- Be well organized and have a high work ethic.
- To understand the dynamics of private and government sectors doctors and institutions.
- To be able to respond timeously on business issues within a short timeframe.
- Align with the marketing strategy and work closely with the SM, peers and all company staff.
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts and reaching (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets;
- Planning work schedules, weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the sales manager.
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings;
- Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health care professionals during presentations;
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products;
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in The National Health Service (NHS) , anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area;
- Working with team members to plan how to approach contacts and creating effective business plans for achieving sales in a particular area.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Degree/diploma in medical or para-medical field is advantageous
- Minimum of 3 Years pharmaceutical selling experience.
Advantageous skill sets are :
- Hospital and/or Critical Care experience in pharmaceuticals. Hospital Theatre Experience
- Territory knowledge in Durban and entire KZN
- Must be prepared to travel including but not limited to day trips as per territory and congresses; day trips to Richardsbay, South coast and Midlands in KZN.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales Rep, Sales, Healthcare, Science