Pharmaceutical Sales Representative - South Africa
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Liaise with healthcare professionals and work strategically to increase the awareness and use of the company’s pharmaceutical and medical products in settings such as doctor practices and hospitals; and that the prescriptions are fulfilled at pharmacy level.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacists and other relevant stake holders;
- Making presentations to doctors, within the specific target reach for this disease entity;
- Organizing continued medical education (CME) for doctors and other medical staff
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administration staff e.g. receptionists;
- Managing budgets (for catering, outside speakers, conferences, hospitality, etc);
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts and reaching (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets;
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the area sales manager.
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings;
- Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products;
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in The National Health Service (NHS), anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area;
- Working with team members to plan how to approach contacts and creating effective business plans for making sales in a particular area.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Minimum Matric; a tertiary degree or diploma in the Medical/ Sciences
- Required Experience and Skills – 3 years experience as a Representative calling on GP’s/Specialists.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Exceptional communication skills that include listening skills, presentation skills and negotiation skills.
- Ability to learn and present detail information in a clear, systematic manor.
- Team player and ability to achieve objectives and common goals.
- Ability to persuade.
- Ability to relate and network.
- Ability to plan and rganize.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to understand customer needs and build longterm business relationships.
- Flexibility with a positive can do attitude.
- Loyal and self motivated to thrive without direct supervision.
- Ability to analyse and make decision with entrepreneurial spirit to think out of the box.
- Awareness of markets and competitors.
- Adherence to principles and values.
- Territory & Disease disease knowledge and selling experience would be advantageous
Being able to speak English and Afrikaans would be an advantage
- Must be able to ask for the business and achieve sales targets
- Must have the drive to be successful
- Computer literacy
- Valid drivers license
- Must be willing to travel and be away from home for country trips and conferences; as well as sometimes work
- at night and weekends
- Self starter
- High work ethic
- Be able to work with data sources
- Must be analytical
- Must be able to function as an integral team member
- Good oral and written communication
- Goal driven personality
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Outside Sales, Sales, Healthcare, Science