This job is currently Archived,
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative - South Africa
Posted on : 15 May 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Liaise with healthcare professionals and work strategically to increase the awareness and use of a company’s pharmaceutical and medical products in settings such as, Specialists, General Practitioners and Pharmacies.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams.
- Calling on Specialists and General Practitioners in rooms.
- Organizing continued medical education (CME) for doctors and other medical staff.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administration staff e.g. receptionists;
- Managing budgets (for catering, outside speakers, conferences, hospitality, etc.);
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts and reaching (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets;
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables.
- This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the area sales manager.
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings;
- Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with healthcare professionals during presentations;
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products;
- Provide monthly feedback to the Sales Manager/ and Product Manager on marketing trends.
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in The National Health Service (NHS) , anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area;
- Working with team managers to plan how to approach contacts and creating effective business plans for making sales in a particular area
- Matric / Grade 12 plus Relevant Diploma or Degree
- Experience as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Experience and knowledge of Respiratory products will be considered an advantage
- Computer literacy ,Excel & PowerPoint
- Very good understanding of Market Targeting and Segmentation
- Superior Time Management Skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel country trips 10 days per quarter
- High work ethic
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Medical, Sales Rep, Sales, Science, Healthcare