Payroll Manager Job - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- To lead, manage and develop the payroll function and staff to ensure a high quality service is provided and that the function is ‘fit for purpose’ at all times and compliant with UK Senior Accounting Office requirements and Sarbanes Oxley controls requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely provision of the Company’s payroll and associated employment taxes/pension/accounting and year end processes
- Ensure all payments (e.g. HMRC, Pension, Social Security, Share Scheme) and returns are made accurately and within specified deadlines and are made in strict adherence to Company, legislativeand fiscal guidelines.
- Provide centre of expertise support in all technical payroll, employment taxes and payroll accounting matters to the UK business.
- Maintain a strong relationship with third party service providers (e.g. flexible benefit providers, pension scheme administrators etc.) and internal services providers and functions (e.g. Shared Business Services, Corporate HR & benefits, local HR and benefits)
- Demonstrate and promote the Merck Leadership Behaviours on a day to day basis within the Payroll and Finance function.
- Control and manage the accurate, timely production and payment of all UK payrolls
- Ensure payroll personnel have an adequate level of technical knowledge to ensure all activities are performed and completed in a compliant manner
- Identify and implement necessary changes to processes and systems to maintain a ‘first class’ payroll function
- Jointly responsible, with Financial Controller, for configuration of Meridian Business Rules – to ensure the Company’s expenses process remains compliant with agreed dispensation, PSA notices etc.
HMRC Compliance & Employment Taxes:
- Ensure all employment taxes are paid timely and accurately
- Ensure all employment/payroll related forms, processes and submissions are completed timely and accurately (e.g. P11D, Form 42, Short Term Visitor submission, Stock Options etc.)
- Identify and implement necessary changes to processes and systems as legislative/fiscal requirements change (e.g. real time information)
- Keep abreast and comply with all employment tax law, advise and liaise with management to determine how changes may impact UK group companies
- Ensure Senior Accounting Office documentation remains current and is reviewed at least annually
- Ensure payroll function is compliant with Sarbanes Oxley requirements (e.g. Timely preparation of balance sheet reconciliations)
- Ensure payroll function is complaint with applicable pension legislation and regulatory requirements
- Ensure payroll function is compliant with Company and fiscal document retention and management requirements
- Recruit, train and develop payroll personnel to maintain high standards of service, cost effectiveness and consistency which continually improves the payroll function
- Pro-actively support business initiatives and developments
- Collaborate with Shared Business Services and Centres of Excellence to ensure all payroll matters are addressed and completed in a timely manner
- Tax proficient in employment taxes
- Proficient in pension matters as they relate to payroll
- Personnel/People management and development experience
- A formal qualification in payroll management would be desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively drive the role and function forward
- Strong communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Payroll, Law, Manager, Compliance, Animal Health, Finance, Legal, Management, Veterinary