Payroll Integration Senior Specialist Job Kenilworth United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Payroll Integration Senior Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Payroll and is responsible for partnering with internal and external stakeholders, including ADP, to ensure US and Puerto Rico payrolls are being run efficiently and accurately. The scope of this position includes assisting in the overall day to day Payroll management ensure all deadlines are meet and providing support for Payroll related corporate initiatives. The Senior Specialist will collaborate with Internal/External Audit to ensure compliance. They will also resolve escalated employee cases and inquiries. He/she will participate on process improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Internal Company Processes & Policies
- Support the larger HR organization by leading the payroll work stream for any initiatives that have interdependencies with payroll. This would likely include:
- Compensation and Benefits Changes
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures
- Union Contractual Changes
- Interfaces; both inbound to payroll and outbound
- Provide support and solutions on cases that span multiple areas and systems (tier 3) including
- Coordination with the HR Support Center and other vendors in resolving complex escalated cases
- Monitoring ADP support center performance and continuously updating ADP knowledge based articles
- Responding to requests from COEs, Legal, and Labor Relations
- Support the Associate Director US Payroll in managing ADP performance
- Monitor ADP performance against SLAs
- Enforce contract provisions particularly as it pertains to roles and responsibilities
- Assist in verifying quality of ADP solution changes prior to their being implemented; in close partnership with the HR Ops solutions leads
- Coordinate and manage internal payroll recurring events including:
- Year End Project Management
- Annual events related to AIP, merit, equity vesting, etc.
- Union contractual adjustments and required payments
- Coverage of other team members responsibilities during vacancy and peak periods
- Assist with Internal and External collection of data for facilitating Audits.
- Work with Payroll Accounting to resolve any issues with general ledger postings and reconciliation.
- Miscellaneous reporting data to various internal support areas and external vendors
Ongoing Process Improvements
- Assists Payroll Associate Director with the development and maintenance of internal client policy documentation related to payroll processing
- Provides recommendations on changes to policy, procedures or rules that influence or affect the administration of payroll, and communicates recommendations and business decisions to the Payroll Manager, as appropriate.
- Constantly seeking opportunities for payroll process improvement in areas such as:
- Leave Management
- Time Administration
- Compliance and Controls
- Works with ADP on changes, updates, and/or additions to any current processes, to include areas of processing, Employee Service Center impact and updates to the COS Knowledge Base
- Continue to review and update all SOP s/Work Instructions on an as needed basis
- Bachelor s degree in a Finance, IT, or HR related discipline
- Experience working in a support center environment.
- Vendor management experience
- Minimum of 6 years experience in payroll, benefits administration, or a related accounting or HR function
- Strong understanding of payroll processes and compliance including payroll tax reporting
- Must have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills along with high personal integrity, credibility, and energy
- Knowledge of HR business processes through experience working with interdependent groups (i.e.Finance and Human Resources) that are impacted by the payroll process.
- Experience in using HR Information Systems (HRIS) for both data storage and analysis
- Bilingual: English, Spanish
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Payroll Accounting
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Payroll, Information Systems, Equity, HR, Finance, Technology, Human Resources, Bilingual
Find a Job Find Candidates