What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
The Payroll Administrator performs all activities necessary to process payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
As the Payroll Administrator you will:
- Responsible for data entry, processing, reporting, auditing, and reconciling for two component companies in U.S. (head count ~925)
- Work closely with Human Resources colleagues to ensure proper system use and to implement company policies and benefits
- Work with Benefits Specialist to coordinate employee leaves of absence under FMLA, short term disability, or other unpaid leaves
- Analyze details of system implementations, current setup, and capabilities; assess areas in need of corrections and/or improvements
- Manage vendor cases and work closely with ADP teams to ensure desired results and system optimization
- Manage Time and Attendance and PTO workflows
- Provide daily assistance and system support to supervisors, managers, and employees
- Work closely with Finance to ensure accurate and timely funding and general ledger accounting including monthly vacation liability reporting
- Provide timely and accurate reports to HR, Finance, Safety, and various levels of management to aid in decision making and analysis
- Train employees, managers, and HR Business Partners in reporting systems and navigation
- Participate in scenario planning and evaluation
- Verify employment status within guidelines
- Process Verification of Employment requests in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and other required reporting (SUI, workers’ compensation, deferred benefits, etc).
- Process state income tax and unemployment account applications as necessary
- Disburse biweekly employee withholdings such as garnishments, child support, 401k contributions, etc. to appropriate agencies indicating appropriate allocation of funds
- Prepare for and assist with outside agency reporting
- Prepare for and assist with external audits
- Maintain accurate files and employee payroll records
- Develop and utilize audit reports to edit and verify accuracy of databases
- Provide support with other HR activities and events as needed or assigned including training on systems, documents or processes
Qualifications for success:
AAS with 5+ years payroll/ HR experience with minimally 2 years of direct payroll
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with proven understanding of payroll systems. Experience with ADP Workforce Now and/or eTIME highly preferred
- Strong understanding of payroll practices including state and federal taxation
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure
- Strong understanding of business etiquette
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work in multiple software applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to successfully work with different levels of management
- Excellent customer services and communication skills; cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- Accurate data entry
- Strong editing skills
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Supervision Received: Direct
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within defined procedures and practices. Seeks management direction for problems of diverse scope.
What we offer you:
- In Wilmington, an onsite Learning Center for working parents
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching