Patient Advocacy Lead, Oncology - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health.
- Our company is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure.
- We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy.
- By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential.
- We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
- We are looking for a strong candidate for the position of Patient Advocacy & Communication Leader, Oncology, to lead and sustain strategic partnerships with patient advocacy organizations addressing patient needs through innovative collaborations that advance patient goals, Partner with Global Patient Advocacy and company’s Local Operating Companies (LOCs) to ensure alignment of patient advocacy mission and vision. Support company’s corporate philosophy and strategy to focus on improving patient outcomes.
- Identify and deliver on opportunity to support and partner with key patient advocacy organizations in focused therapeutic areas to understand their needs and evaluate partnerships in areas of mutual interest
- Work with Global Patient Advocacy to develop and maintain a broad network of contacts with targeted association executives and staff
- Serve as the "voice of the patient" within company, ensuring the patient perspective is incorporated into materials, campaigns and programs
- Develop and deliver patient advocacy strategies and programming to compliantly support marketed products - building awareness and understanding, ensuring compliant and clear communications, disease awareness campaigns, trial recruitment, trial design
- Ensure that all company interactions with patient organizations are in full compliance with laws and regulations and reflects company ethical principles and corporate philosophy
- Develop and maintain a master calendar identifying critical patient advocacy meetings where company should have involvement
- Serve as active member of the Global Patient Advocacy Council
- Demonstrate strategic enterprise thinking by anticipating the evolution of the overall economic and political environment and how this may impact patient organizations and individual patients
- Understand the needs of the patient organizations and anticipate ways to support them
- Understand the specialty pharma business model and identify the areas / opportunities where the patient voice needs to be heard in order to inform business strategy in an impactful manner
- Articulate the patient voice in a way that can be understood and trusted within a corporate environment while demonstrating high level of empathy throughout communications
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with Global Patient Advocacy and internal cross functional colleagues to prioritize and deliver on patient advocacy functional priorities
- Represent our company in external advocacy organizations and at meetings/conferences
- Develop and grow relationships with external stakeholders (key patient advocacy organisations, policy groups and other NGOs and organizations active in the area of health policy) and internal stakeholders
- Embed effective stakeholder management strategies within the organization and maintain regular communication to bridge strategy gaps and allow for effective execution of plans in ways that meet patient needs and improve patient outcomes.
- Represent the identity of company internally & externally in line with the global positioning and company´s values, mission and vision
- 10+ years’ experience
- Meaningful experience working with/for an NGO, or within a Corporate Social Responsibility function
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or medical devise organization
- Proven understanding of mindsets within voluntary organizations
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset; ability to link to strategy; demonstrate empathy
- Proven ability to build credibility within an organization; stakeholder management and collaborative leadership experience
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the NGO environment and in particular the patient groups’ strategic imperatives and needs; understand the culture and decision drivers of patient organizations
- Understanding of the specialty pharma business model and the overall healthcare environment
- Ability to be an efficient ‘translator’ between the NGO world and the corporate world; bring the patient voice within the organization in a credible and effective manner
- Ability to influence without authority and support the patient groups and other policy groups achieve their objectives in the best interest of patients and the society at large
- Demonstrating empathy and compassion
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20+% of the time
- All applicants must hold a Swiss Work Permit or an EU Passport