Pathologiste veterinaire senior / Senior Veterinary Pathologist - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our Laboratories are a contract research organization, established for more than 70 years, offering preclinical services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, to assist in the development of new medications.
- With an international reputation, our technical expertise and science is recognized worldwide.
- We currently have an opening for a Senior Veterinary Pathologist.
- Interact directly with customers as needed to market company services and to assure customer satisfaction
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation and interpretation of assigned studies.
- May assist with necropsy supervision and may conduct necropsies, including gross pathology interpretation, sample collection and fixation.
- Enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s).
- Write comprehensive report narratives detailing all test article effects.
- As needed, work with study directors to ensure data is accurately integrated into study reports.
- Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to laboratory staff and to less experienced pathologists.
- Provide advanced scientific expertise for experimental design and other aspects of research studies as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Doctoral degree (V.M.D.) from an accredited veterinary school, or acceptable international equivalent in veterinary medicine.
- Experience: 5 or more years of pathology experience post D.V.M.; working knowledge of clinical pathology; specialized training and/or experience in toxicology pathology preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: American or European College of Veterinary Pathologists (A.C.V.P; E.C.V .P) board-certification required to enter the grade at the minimum experience level.
- Other: Must have a reputation as an emerging leader in the company with sustained performance and accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Able to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.