Pathologiste veterinaire I Veterinary Pathologist I - Canada
- Under supervision, interact with clients to ensure their satisfaction.
- Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation and interpretation of assigned studies. May require supervision.
- Under necropsy supervision, assist, and may conduct necropsies, including gross pathology interpretation, sample collection and fixation.
- Enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s).
- Under supervision, write comprehensive narrative reports detailing all test article effects. As needed, work with study directors to ensure data is accurately integrated into study reports.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree (D.V.M. /V.M.D.) from an accredited veterinary school, or an acceptable international equivalent in veterinary medicine.
- Prior pathology experience post-D.V.M., working knowledge of clinical pathology preferred.<
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience indicated above.
- Working towards being eligible to sit for the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (A.C.V.P.) certification exam.
- Other: Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought. May require instructions/guidance on routine work and more specific instructions/guidance on new assignments and specialty work. Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database software.