This job is currently Archived,
Patent Manager (m/f) - Germany
Fresenius Medical Care (company)
Posted on : 07 May 2017
CAREER WITH A PURPOSE
- Creating a future worth living. For patients. Worldwide. Every day.
- More than four decades of experience in dialysis, innovative research, the global leader in dialysis services and products - that is our company.
- Provide IP guidance and advice to inventors and people responsible for the business sectors in a business field
- Prepare decisions for patent applications for relevant committees
- Quantify the value of IP rights and identify potential exploitation/licence activities
- Closely collaborate with R&D, patent, production and sales departments in cross-functional teams
- Manage projects to identify infringements of company IP rights by third parties as well as research, evaluation and enforcement
- Independently prepare all IP applications (patents, utility models, designs, brands, semiconductors), as well as in collaboration with external lawyers
- Collaborate with external patent lawyers, domestically and abroad, in proceedings before the patent offices and the courts
- Contribute to licence agreements; Conduct opposition and nullity proceedings.
- Actively discover patentable development results; Inform about development trends of important competitors of ou company.
- Gain profound technical understanding of the company products and of those of the competitors
- Analyse and search queries for IP for defined technological fields in the broader outer field of dialysis and the business sectors of our company.
- Master of Natural Sciences, preferably Physics, or Engineering or studies of Law
- Working experience in a patent law firm or a patent department within an international industrial company
- Understanding of IP legislation regarding novelty, inventiveness and infringement
- Extremely proactive work attitude and readiness to assume responsibility
- Diligent, efficient and result-driven work approach
- Interest and pleasure in dealing with laws and directives at international level
- Team-oriented and communicative
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Service-oriented, resilient and flexible
- Very good command of MS Office
- Very good English language skills, both oral and in written
- Pleasure in working in an international environment
- Willingness to travel to other office locations, to patent offices as well as to law courts