Patent Counsel - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft and prosecute patent applications to protect company’s products, product candidates and platform technologies
- Conduct FTO analyses for products and platform technology
- Conduct IP due diligence for corporate transactions
- Provide legal services, advice and guidance that is consistent with law and Company policy, furthers business objectives and appropriately balances divisional/function/corporate business objectives and legal risks
- Exercise judgment to drive decisions on routine and non-routine matters within area of practice
- Supervise activities and manage relationships with outside counsel
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
Education Minimum Requirement:
- A Bachelor's degree in the pharmaceutical, chemical or biological sciences from an accredited institution
- Graduate of an accredited US law school
Required Experience and Skills:
- Member in good standing of a Bar of any State or the District of Columbia
- Registered to practice before the USPTO
- Five (5) or more years of legal and/or scientific experience in a law firm or corporate setting
- Strong technical background
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in counseling clients on intellectual property issues
- Experience in managing a significant workload, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Expertise in either chemistry (small molecules) or large molecule patents, with a willingness to develop expertise in the other area
- Advanced degree in chemical or biological sciences
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. Our company is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Number of Openings: 1