This job is currently Archived,
Patent Counsel, Development - Belgium
Posted on : 11 May 2017
- We are committed to the protection of the intellectual property generated by our scientific team.
- As part of this commitment, we have an internal IP team who work closely with our scientists to ensure that all aspects of IP are captured and protected effectively.
- We are expanding our team to include a newly created role which will take responsibility for the development-stage projects.
- Preparation, prosecution & defense of patent applications relating to our development-stage projects
- Conducting freedom to operate and patentability analyses
- Implementation of IP strategy relating to our development stage projects
- Providing IP due diligence
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a PhD or equivalent experience in chemistry
- Be a fully qualified European patent attorney
- Have experience working in the pharmaceuticals sector, it would be a bonus if the candidate has experience of working in house
- Be able to demonstrate a strong sense of commercial awareness
- Be able to manage their time and work load effectively, work to tight deadlines and have a flexible approach to work
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language, candidates who are multilingual would be an asset