This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 20 February 2017
- Join us, the people who ask more from chemistry.
- More than designing solutions for our customers, we are inventing a new model of sustainable chemistry.
- You are a catalyst for change, inspired by fresh thinking and teamwork.
- Whether you see yourself in research, marketing, or manufacturing, our company offers you a multinational environment in which to explore diverse career opportunities and a more sustainable future through chemistry.
Qualification/Experiences and knowledge
- excellent educational background to Master degree level or beyond in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science with focus on polymer science, or a related chemistry discipline;
- at least three years of professional experience in IP either from industrial background or from private practice;
- ideally, but not necessarily, holding EQE qualification; candidates not qualified/part qualified will be equally considered provided commitment to complement IP training through EQE qualification;
- experience in drafting and prosecuting applications with the minimum of supervision;
- expertise in European patent law and related IP law, including experience in general counseling on IP-related issues/opportunities.
Other key skills and attributes:
- Good personal and communication skills, optimum proficiency in both verbal and written English (working language); deep knowledge of an additional foreign language would be a plus;
- Be able to autonomously work locally to provide IP services to technical and business stakeholders (IT) within a global IP team, sharing global policies, strategies and approaches;
- Be highly motivated, with the ability to pro-actively organize a challenging workload and promptly adapt planning when confronted with unforeseen changes;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to relate easily at all levels within the organization, particularly to those in the Research, Development and Business;
- Be focused with an attention to detail balanced by sound common sense;
- Be keen to work in a multicultural and cross-border professional environment;
- Be prepared to travel as and when the occasion demands.
Key responsibilities associated to the proposed position:
- Persistently partner, challenge and counsel internal clients on opportunities to protect their inventions;
- Draft, file and prosecute patents from internal inventors such as for new products, novel manufacturing processes, novel uses thereof;
- Take parts in preparation of opinions regarding Freedom-to-Operate (FTO), validity of third parties' IP rights, and other IP-related matters;
- Continuously deepen professional expertise and proactively share with IP community advances/news/peculiarities of EP/IT patent law, case law, doctrine, of interest for the entire group;
- Be able to understand all underlying technicalities and challenges of ongoing R&D&T projects and constantly improve effectiveness in interactions with scientists community;
- Ensure monitoring of IP scenario in certain product lines/fields of endeavors of interest to our company group and proactively disseminate information within RD&T and business community;
- Consistently endeavor to ensure respect of our company s IPRs in specific fields of activity of our company Group, including supporting company teams (Business, Sales and Marketing, RD&T) for detecting possible infringement acts and systematically advice on actions to be undertaken;
- Progressively share active responsibility for handling and managing patent portfolio of certain technologies/businesses, targets, and projects.
Bollate Lombardy Italy
Find a Job Find Candidates