- Our company is a leading healthcare business in Britain and Ireland with sales in excess of £300 million, over 900 employees and an ambition to be one of the leading players in the supply of own and 3rd party products and services to the healthcare sector.
- Our company is focused on driving organic growth in its existing businesses and identifying new acquisition opportunities that strengthen and expand its product range, broaden its geographical reach and improve its business.
- Our company operates across three key divisions - Medical Devices, Pharma and Logistics:
- Our company Medical Devices is the leading player in sales, marketing and distribution of medical devices and consumables in Ireland with a rapidly developing position in Britain. Our company's broad range of medical devices encompasses areas such as woundcare, urology, procedure packs, critical care (anaesthesia, endovascular, cardiology, and IV access), diagnostics, orthopaedics and neurology.
- Our company Logistics is a leading provider of value added logistics services in Britain, providing innovative stock management and distribution services to hospitals and healthcare brand owners/manufacturers focused on delivering products and services across theatres, wards, and home care setting .
- Our company sells markets and distributes innovative and generic pharma products in Ireland and Britain through the hospital, pharmacy and home-care channels. Our company's portfolio of own and third party pharmaceuticals encompasses a range of therapy areas including oncology, antibiotics, pain management, haematology, respiratory, addiction and emergency medicine.
The principal duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers
- Monitoring service and repair system for spare parts required
- Ensuring all requisitions for spare parts are actioned as appropriate
- Transferring stock to engineers
- Maintaining adequate inventory levels
- Using SAP system to optimise stock, i.e. minimise stock outages, obsolescence and back orders
- Creating new materials
- Goods receipt processing and supplier account query investigation
- Conducting cycle counts
- Expediting outstanding POs and ensure up to date information on all POs is available
- Ensure 'Return to Vendor' process is expedited and up to date
- Adherence to all policies and procedures as per quality and process SOPs
- Carry out all activities in compliance with company, EHS & regulatory requirements
- Participate in Cross-Functional teams, as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Two Years purchasing/inventory management experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills is essential, with SAP experience desirable
- Pleasant, confident manner and good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to analyse and assess information and to express proposals in business terms
- Capability of working on own initiative without close supervision as well as a member of a team
- Strong internal & external customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage a multitasking environment
- Occasional requirements to work beyond normal working hours and to travel to other sites will be expected.
- You will be expected to attend internal & external training courses
- Excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience will apply