To strengthen our Legal and Compliance departments, Medline International B.V. has an immediate opening for a fulltime:
Medline International is looking to hire a fulltime Paralegal to be responsible for the administrative processes behind contract management and Medline’s compliance program, with a focus on guiding and keeping the contract management process up to date. You will closely support the Legal Counsel and the Compliance Counsel in their roles. This is an office based position in our Headquarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
• You will be given the opportunity to work in the European Legal Department and closely support the Legal Counsel and the Compliance Counsel in their roles
• You will be responsible for the administrative process behind the contract management and you will be asked to guide the contract process and keep the contract management process up to date
• You will work on the template agreements to update them to new legislation, jurisprudence or changing internal developments and requirements under the instruction and supervision of in-house and outside Counsels
• You will work together with the finance team to establish and support internal processes for corporate housekeeping, which involve various entities, and to keep these processes up to date and ensure maintenance of internal corporate/legal databases
• Conducting occasional legal research
• Provide support to the Compliance Officer on Medline’s compliance program (EU data protection and anti-bribery laws, including sector specific aspects of interaction with healthcare providers and transparency reporting), for example:
- Supporting recordkeeping under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and international/intra-group data transfer agreements
- Support and document our communication and training program around legal and compliance topics
• Finally your activities will differ on a day to day basis depending on what is needed as well as your own interests and ambition
• Bachelor (for example an equivalent of Dutch HBO Rechten / HBO MER)
• Relevant working experience in a similar position would be a plus
• Knowledge of and relevant experience especially in the field of contract law and contract management, data protection and compliance, corporate housekeeping
• Self- motivated (/self-starter), willingness to learn
• Solid communication skills, good social skills
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills, another European language (French or German) is a plus
• Experience in contract management and data protection; experience with other compliance topics is welcome
• Ability to work in a solitary position whilst partnering with business owners and other functions
• Ability to structure activities into well organized processes, making smart and effective use of technology and software
• Accurate, independent, pragmatic, pro-active, flexible and customer oriented
• Good time management skills and able to set priorities
What do we offer?
In this important, coordinating position you can have a big impact on the efficiency of our Legal & Compliance department of a fast moving company in a truly international environment. We will offer you room to grow and develop yourself.
We look forward to receiving your comprehensive and completed application documents in English including your salary expectations to the attention of Hanneke van der Putte.