- Are you a good networker and do you find satisfaction in solving legal problems?
- Are you ambitious and could you see yourself working for a world leader in the pharmaceutical industry?
- Are you fluent in English as well as in Dutch and do you have a formal legal education?
- If you have answered yes to the questions above we would like to invite you to apply for our Paralegal position.
Description and Purpose
- Working closely with the Legal & Compliance Director in the Netherlands, the Paralegal’s primary responsibility will be to provide legal and compliance support to all operations of our company in the Netherlands, as well as international subsidiaries as further detailed below. Support to be extended by Paralegal will cover contractual and corporate work as well as legal and compliance advice.
- Paralegal will be expected to work in cooperation with stakeholders in the Netherlands and other members of company Legal & Compliance team and external local councils, as well as relevant headquarters and subsidiary staff and functional groups.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Giving Legal and Compliance Advice to different internal stakeholders including without limitation on sales and marketing activities.
- Independently drafting and updating contracts in English as well as in Dutch for internal customers like: manufacturing, licensing, warehousing, distribution, supply, services, clinical trials, etc. provides contractual support to all internal stakeholders in relation to contracts, as well as to internal and external auditors on contracts related questions.
- For international activities, ensures and documents that the contract approval processes defined is complied with.
- Independently and in collaboration with in-house and/or outside counsels, draft documents supporting the company entities established in the Netherlands (e.g. Powers of Attorney, Board Resolutions, Board Minutes, By-laws, Authorization Letters), obtain the required internal approvals and handle the execution and subsequent notarization, apostil and/or legalization of such documents.
- Responsible for creating, archiving and maintaining the mentioned corporate documents and answering related routine questions from internal clients and HQ. Maintains the appropriate local or HQ databases with such documents.
- Processing of reviews and approvals of outside counsels’ invoices by Legal & Compliance director, handles payments of approved invoices and other related expenses related to the Legal and Compliance Department,
- Liaising with Trademark and Patent Departments to maintain accurate and updated list of patents or trademarks.
- Legal degree (Master, LLM) preferred. Business Administration (HBO) degree will be considered
- Professional or academic legal qualification or minimum 2-3 years law firm or in-house legal department experience in Netherlands or other jurisdictions would be advantageous
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry would be advantageous
- International experience with matrix organisation would be advantageous
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in English AND Dutch
- Ability to work in autonomy as well as within a team environment
- Proactive and responsive
- Ability to work meticulously, while keeping oversight
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
A good place to work
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Paralegal, Pharmaceutical Sales, Outside Sales, Compliance, Supply, Legal, Sales, Operations