Packing & Shipping Technician - United States
Charles River (company)
Inspect and examine eggs prior to setting and/or packing for shipment; final packing of eggs and embryos and finishing to customer specifications including completion of paperwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On a daily basis, review weekly allocation sheet for flock/pack assignments.
- On a daily basis, review daily/weekly incubation set/pack report for order processing.
- Able to lift/move up to 30 pounds regularly and up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to work weekends.
- Follow biosecurity standards, re-inspect and assist in packing/setting eggs according to packing/incubation standard operating procedures (SOPs) and/or special customer instruction on a daily basis.
- Maintain and complete all required documentation and daily reports—pick report, packing slip verification, packing report, trip sheets, export verification check, daily pack inventory, and incubation setting/pack report.
- Finish and process shipments for dispatch according to assigned carrier—UPS, FedEx, airline, truck, etc.
- Perform operation of candler/grader including calibration, start-up procedure, daily operation, shut-down and clean up.
- Sort, inspect, load, candle, and grade eggs. Prepare eggs for shipment.
- Monitor and document daily flock grade-out data for each flock.
- Process all incubated egg orders—set, pack, tray as assigned.
- Assist in training new hires in department practices.
- Actively participate in department training programs (e.g. biosecurity, cleaning and disinfecting procedures, environmental testing, pick slip system).
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must be able to read, write, and speak English well; must be adept at maintaining accurate paperwork/records; computer skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet