- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
- The shift for this position is 6:00 pm – 6:15 am requiring shift, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable).
Exhibits the ability to control and monitor all positions within the Packaging Department, including QA, role with competence. Maintains necessary documentation for each position assigned. Performs required quality checks as outlined in job specific Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures. In addition to the above-mentioned requirements, the Packaging Operator must secure a walk-behind forklift license.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Machine/Position Operation: Efficiently operates within established parameters all automated equipment within the department and exhibits proficiency on the Line Service position. Informs Packaging Supervisor of unusual situations but resolves minor problems without supervision. Consistently follows Good Manufacturing Practices while maintaining an efficient, clean, and neat work area. Identifies and recommends improvements to the process. Must be able to troubleshoot daily issues with equipment.
- Quality Checks: Performs necessary quality checks as directed by applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Documentation: Provides accurate and timely documentation of the packaging process as directed by applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Transport System cleaning: Performs Transport System cleaning as directed by applicable Standard Operating and Work Instructions.
- General Housekeeping: Performs daily sanitation in department without direct supervision. Maintains work area in accordance with GMP requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent: consideration may be given to those who hold 2 years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- The ability to learn and write legibly.
- The ability to read, understand, and follow Work Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, and training aids.
- Exhibits the ability to control and monitor all positions within the Packaging Department with competence.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V