Packaging Equipment Technician (Temporary) - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Development Sciences group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development.
- Development Sciences involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors.
- Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company is a high-performing, team based organisation, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
- We have an exciting role in our Packaging department which would ideally suit a graduate.
- This is a great opportunity for career growth as the successful candidate will learn how the packaging process works in the pharmaceutical industry while also developing their mechanical and/or electrical skills alongside an experienced Equipment Technician. Full training will be provided.
- A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organisational skills.
- The Packaging Equipment Technician will serve as an integral member of Packaging team in a biologics facility which incorporates drug substance manufacturing and labelling & packaging of finished product.
- The successful candidate will provide technical support for the packaging equipment on the site including routine line changeovers, trouble-shooting, machine operation and process improvements.
- The Packaging Equipment Technician will be required to carry out full Packaging Operator Tasks such as equipment operation and manual handling activities at the packaging line to process batches.
- The Packaging Equipment Technician will work in a team environment with an emphasis on safety and quality and with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Set up, changeover and troubleshoot packaging line equipment
- Ensuring packaging machines are maintained in proper working order.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of process
- Progress to develop a deep understanding of the equipment functionality including the mechanical and vision systems on line.
- Partner with the Maintenance and Engineering team and external vendors to execute routine PM tasks and support annual equipment maintenance activities.
- Support the packaging line commissioning and qualification team for Product introduction through SAT, IOQ, Characterisation and PQ.
- As required, fulfill the role of Packaging Operator. This will include all activities to process batches including equipment operation, equipment challenges and all manual handling activities at the packaging line.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of batch documentation and material reconciliation.
- Demonstrate commitment to a high level of safety awareness with the packaging operations team and supporting functions.
- Identify and support continuous improvement and Lean initiatives within the packaging suite.
- Participate in and/or support investigations into Quality events, including reporting production issues, co-ordinating CAPAs, etc.
- Maintain an exemplary training record within the operations team.
- Ensure that all support activities and operations activities are conducted in a safe manner and in strict accordance to SOPs, cGMP regulations and site Quality standards.
- Participate in cross functional teams as required.
- Candidate must have a qualification in a technical field (for example Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical/Automation/Mechatronics or relevant.)
- Ability to think outside the box and develop process improvements.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot and work under time constraints in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and report/protocol writing skills with the ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams is essential.