- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- our company’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world.
- Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company is a high-performing, team based organisation, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
- We have an exciting role in our Packaging department which would ideally suit a graduate.
- This is a great opportunity for career growth as the successful candidate will learn how the packaging process works in the pharmaceutical industry while also developing their mechanical and/or electrical skills alongside an experienced Equipment Technician. Full training will be provided.
- A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organisational skills.
- The Packaging Equipment Technician will serve as an integral member of Packaging team in a biologics facility which incorporates drug substance manufacturing and labelling & packaging of finished product.
- The successful candidate will provide technical support for the packaging equipment on the Shanbally site including routine line changeovers, trouble-shooting, machine operation and process improvements. The Packaging Equipment Technician will be required to carry out full Packaging Operator Tasks such as equipment operation and manual handling activities at the packaging line to process batches.
- The Packaging Equipment Technician will work in a team environment with an emphasis on safety and quality and with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Set up, changeover and troubleshoot packaging line equipment
- Ensuring packaging machines are maintained in proper working order.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of process
- Progress to develop a deep understanding of the equipment functionality including the mechanical and vision systems on line.
- Partner with the Maintenance and Engineering team and external vendors to execute routine PM tasks and support annual equipment maintenance activities.
- Support the packaging line commissioning and qualification team for Product introduction through SAT, IOQ, Characterisation and PQ.
- As required, fullfil the role of Packaging Operator. This will include all activities to process batches including equipment operation, equipment challenges and all manual handling activities at the packaging line.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of batch documentation and material reconciliation.
- Demonstrate commitment to a high level of safety awareness with the packaging operations team and supporting functions.
- Identify and support continuous improvement and Lean initiatives within the packaging suite.
- Participate in and/or support investigations into Quality events, including reporting production issues, co-ordinating CAPAs, etc.
- Maintain an exemplary training record within the operations team.
- Ensure that all support activities and operations activities are conducted in a safe manner and in strict accordance to SOPs, cGMP regulations and site Quality standards.
- Participate in cross functional teams as required.
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must have a qualification in a technical field (for example Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical/Automation/Mechatronics or relevant.)
- Ability to think outside the box and develop process improvements.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, troubleshoot and work under time constraints in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and report/protocol writing skills with the ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams is essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.