Packaging Engineer, Bottle/Closure Development - United States
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®. Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, Perrigo has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China. Joining Perrigo means joining a team that is driven and excited to make healthcare products more affordable around the globe. Our products improve our consumer’s quality of life – let Perrigo improve the quality of your career.
Provides package engineering support and packaging component expertise to the company through the design, development, and maintenance of packaging standards for various company and outside sub-contracting product packaging sites.
- Troubleshoots and resolves packaging issues associated with packaging component quality, packaging equipment, and packaging line efficiency, participates in deviation resolutions as a result of packaging component quality, and coordinates, conducts, and documents packaging line trials for new or improved packaging components
- Works closely with other functional areas and multi-functional teams such as Operations, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Master Data, Art and Quality to launch new products/packages, develops promotions and displays, develops cost savings initiative, and troubleshoots packaging problems.
- Participates in the selection of new equipment and/or tooling.
- Develops and prepares packaging specifications and bill of materials, cost estimates and realizations. Conducts and documents package testing for component approval or troubleshooting.
- Must have experience in developing bottles, closures, or other rigid plastic packaging components.
Proven ability to work independently toward specific goals and to exercise initiative in identifying projects.
Strong analytical skills including the ability to develop sound economic analysis, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
Demonstrated broad knowledge of methods in package design, testing, and packaging materials, tooling, methods improvement, ergonomics, and project management skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or other engineering discipline
Two to six years experience as a packaging engineer in pharma, medical device, or consumer goods.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs, along with USP and CR testing requirements