- Job Locations
- Posted Date
More information about this job:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics serving the global clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities. Across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks, and labs in more than 120 countries, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable healthcare professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions.
For the immunohematology community, Ortho’s blood typing products help ensure every patient receives blood that is safe, the right type and the right unit. Ortho brings sophisticated testing technologies, automation, information management, and interpretation tools to clinical laboratories around the world to help them run more efficiently, effectively and improve patient care. Ortho’s purpose is to improve and save lives with diagnostics and it does that by reimagining what’s possible. This is what has defined Ortho for more than 75 years, and it’s what drives Ortho forward. For more information, visit www.orthoclinicaldiagnostics.com.
The Career Potential:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
An Ortho Care Laboratory Specialist is a key member of the local account manangement team working with the Technical Solutions and Sales teams. Installs and supports equipment and products for Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, ensuring a high level of customer focus.
Schedules own workload, support visits within territory to minimise system down time and maintain high level of customer satisfaction
Is the key technical contact point on all aspects concerning the application of trouble shooting of instruments software or hardware issues, as well as the training requirements for the customers.
Completes all regulatory and general administration to a high standard.
The Technical Solutions Specialist is responsible for supporting all systems to the designated product performance metrics, for meeting all designated Customer Satisfaction goals and equally important is adherence to all governmental regulations/requirements as well as our own internal Compliance and Quality System following Ortho complaint handling procedures relative to complaint identification, documentation, resolution, and escalation. Contributes to opportunities for control of expenditure and revenue
- Responds to and schedules customer requests for support. Determines cause and effects implements corrective action
- Schedules and performs Preventative maintenance
- Installation, Commissioning and Customer Training
- Sales Support / Demos / Presentations
- Stays current with all administrative responsibilites, updates, notifications and training courses
- Responsible for maintaining & managing all assigned company assets that may include but are not limited to :tools, parts inventory, company vehicle, computer and accessories
- Possess appropriate technical knowledge to effectively perform required job function demonstrating a high level of expertise in manual and automated diagnostic equipment.
- Generally at least 3 years experience in a senior field support role where the individual has demonstrated leadership qualities and excellent technical competence.
- The qualifications are most typically, but not exclusively, associated with a HND or equivalent experience together with recognised professional qualification e.g FIBMS, DMLM, MCB etc.
- A full drivers licence is essential.
- Fluent English
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.